This course will provide an overview of safeguarding in the Diocese of Chelmsford, your role as PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer) and responding well to safeguarding concerns.
Induction: Who is this training for?
- This course is recommended for existing PSOs (Parish Safeguarding Officers)
- This course is required for persons taking on the role of PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer)
- Ideally to be completed within one year of commencing your role as PSO
Induction: Pre-Training Requirements
Induction: Book onto a course
How to book virtual (Zoom) training:
- All our bookings are managd by EventBrite - click the link below to view all the current available dates.
- Please then click on the word 'Register' to book your place. (If you are booking a place for someone else, please ensure you enter their name and email address and not yours).
- Places are limited to 15, therefore please book at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
- Once you have successfully booked your ticket eventbrite will automatically send a confirmation email to the email address that you provided – but you may need to check your Junk or Spam inbox for it. If you do not receive this email, it either means that you have entered your email address incorrectly or that you were not successful booking a ticket.
After attending the Church of England PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer) Induction we will email you a link to the PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer) Induction Participant Pack webpage (please allow up to 1 week to receive this). From there you will be able to access the information regarding the post-training coursework requirements, the Survey Monkey link to submit your answers and the participant pack, which contains the presentation slides.
The PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer) Induction Participant Pack webpage can only be accessed using the link emailed directly to you and we ask that you please do not share the link with anyone else.
The post-training coursework needs to be completed via Survey Monkey in one sitting, therefore it is suggested that you complete the answers on a word document first and then you can copy and paste the information into the relevant parts of the survey.
Post-Training Coursework Requirement Deadline: You have up to 6 weeks from the date of the email to submit the post-training coursework via Survey Monkey.
Certificate: We aim to email the certificate to you within six weeks of you submitting your post-training coursework via Survey Monkey.
Important: Your training will not be recorded as ‘completed’ until we email your certificate to you.
If you go to our PSO (Parish Safeguarding Officer) webpage you should see the list of all the Church of England Safeguarding Courses that all PSO’s are required to complete for their role, including:
- Safer Recruitment and People Management (online),
- Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse (online),This course has replaced S3 'Responding to domestic abuse'
- Leadership Safeguarding Training:
If you are a PSO that also holds a Bishop’s Licence, Commission or Authorisation, you will need to complete the Leadership (virtual via zoom) Safeguarding Training every 3 years.